Wednesday 12 October 2011

Winter In Progress

Or was it Work In Progress? Well, they fit well both of them. And so does my very first stranded mitten. This is only the left one and I still have to knit the thumb. But with a very well written pattern from Wenche Roald I think I´ll manage. The right one has another scene on it.

In fact I´ve got the taste for mitten knitting. Her pattern is so understandable and I don´t have to find things out on my own. Norwegian patterns tend to be vague if you´re not very experienced in the thing you´re knitting.

Anyway, these are knitted in Rauma PT2 and on 2mm needles. The only problems are the long floats on the back. Weaving them in as I knit makes them visible, so I´m planing to sew them a little after I´ve finished my knitting. Hopefully before the first snow comes....

The pattern is called Winterland and you´ll find the english version as well on the link above. Sometimes winter just looks wonderful - at least on this pair of mittens.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you Stacy!! Winter is lovely - in a way... LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JosienJK (on Ravelry)12 October 2011 at 23:54

    Hei Lone, These will be really good looking! Why don't you try a light linen, of the kind of fabric like Dale has on the inside of their sweaters? It will also make the mitts windstopp?
    Hilsen, Josien

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, can't wait to see the next scene, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Josien!! In fact a very good idea!! But I can´t sew....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sharon!! It´s lovely - or I hope it´ll be. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing! it looks like a very complicated design. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Joanna!!!! Not complicated if you´re used to stranded knitting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are really beautiful! I love the wintery scene and the blue color you chose. Have you ever knitted socks? I hear mittens are just as addictive making you want to knit more and more! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Det er altså en skam at du ikke syer, bare lidt. et foer af Thinsulate gør underværker i sådan en vante. God weekend til dig:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mitten is so beautiful. Love the winter scene. I've never tried stranded work yet. Great job Lone...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you dear Debbie - no I´ve never knitted socks. Have to try it out sometime..

    Tak Dorte - ja, men det er godt det ikke blæser så meget her...

    Thank you knitalatte - just go for it. It´s really addictive and such fun to knit!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!