Monday 14 January 2013

Please, don't tell anyone


I have a secret to reveal. I am a color freak. I create all my knitted garments and jewelry in bright colors. But, what ever did happen, I found myself with grey and white yarn knitting a scarf. A large stripy one. It has been in my head for some time. I suddenly found out that the colors in my blanket was just perfect for a new project.

I got the blanket as a gift. It is so warm, soft and nice to use on cold winter days. But the colors have gotten to me. Sort of parking in my brain refusing to go away. And one can not have such things inside the head. So I took it out. I was thinking about using a disguise running to my local yarn store. Well, I pulled my self together and lifted my head. Me, buying grey yarn??

Right now I am not sure if I can manage to knit that much in white and grey. Adding those magenta stripes makes it so much more alive. I am planning to add a little more color on the way. Anyway, I actually think this is fun. The scarf Stash And Stripes were one of the most fun projects I have ever knitted. I learned a lot about colors - and I actually wear this the most.

I love starting a project that I do not know how will end up. This is an experiment to see how grey and white will look with a little dash of colors.

The Stitch Story
Yarn: Rauma Finull
Needle: 2.5mm
PatternStash And Stripes
Ravelry PageInspired By A Blanket

20 comments:

  1. It is lovely. It gives me the impression of : 'taking a breath and rest a bit before ........... comes'. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to put in those little bits of colour. As you said, it brings the scarf to live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Det er veldig fint med fargeklatter i det duse;) Jeg har funnet ut at jeg liker både det ene og det andre, så det blir ofte vanskelig å velge;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nydelig med farger i det grå, spennende prosjekt, ha en flott uke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk - ja, dette er gøy. God uke til deg også!!

      Delete
  5. I think everything you knit looks alive and fun! This is just a softer look with the grey and small stripes of color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Det blir lekkert i grått også! :) Jeg er visst veldig glad i grånyanser også. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lone, you are so cute and so creative!! Everything you make is amazing, no matter what kind of color you use!!! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much Stacy!!! I will try to remember that!!

      Delete
  8. Du lager så mye fint! Dette skjerfet blir lekkert, samme med det større prosjektet under her i forrige innlegg. Fargerikt eller ikke- du tryller fram de vakreste ting!
    Ønsker deg ei fortsatt fin uke med strikkepinnene! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hva? Ser jeg grått i denne bloggen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is fun to try new things, including new color ways. This is as beautiful as any of your more colorful pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!